Please read this section carefully before you complete your purchase.
Terms and Conditions
Please read this section carefully before you complete your booking form.
Terms & Conditions General Terms:
- Whilst we ensure a high professional standard of instruction, care and safety, all our clients must be aware that participation in mountaineering activities involves an acceptance of risk and of responsibility for the consequences of one’s own actions.
- Mountaineering, even when undertaken with instructors and guides is an adventure pursuit with high levels of uncertainty and potential risk. No specific element of an advertised service can be guaranteed with certainty in these environments.
- Our advertised courses and expeditions are open to anyone of appropriate experience in the age range 18 to 70. Clients over 65 years old are required to send a Doctor’s letter confirming good health to undertake the proposed activities. We will exceptionally consider applicants over 70 years old on alpine courses provided they undertake a minimum of 2 days’ private guiding and tuition with us in the UK prior to the expedition to establish fitness and technical ability.
- Our Guides, Instructors and Leaders reserve the right to exclude any member from a participation on planned mountain activities if he or she might endanger the success or safety of the rest of the party through lack of fitness, ill-health, poor acclimatisation or dangerous technique. We can make no refunds of fees paid to members so excluded.
- Any members of our courses or expeditions who act in contravention of the decisions or advice of their Guide, Instructor or Leader, or else undertake independent mountaineering activities during the course or expedition period forfeit all professional protection and duty of care from the Guide, Instructor or Leader.
- The information on our web site is for guidance. We make every effort to ensure it is correct but cannot be responsible for any inaccuracies or subsequent alterations of itineraries that are beyond our control either before or during any scheduled expedition.
- I am physically fit for the course I have chosen.
- I accept that participation in adventurous activities entails a risk of injury. Freedom Expeditions staff are trained and appropriately qualified to run activities and will at all times proceed in a manner to limit the risk of injury.
- I accept and agree to the course being supervised by appropriately qualified Mountain Guides, Instructors or Leaders in accordance with the staffing details on the web site.
- I have had brought to my attention the Terms and Conditions relating to this booking, in particular, those concerning cancellation.
- I understand that bookings are accepted on the understanding that Freedom Expeditions regulations are observed.
- I accept that Freedom Expeditions, is not under any liability whatsoever in respect of loss or damage to personal property, not caused by the negligence or default of Freedom Expeditions, its suppliers, its agents and employees whilst attending the course.
Pay as you Go expeditions:
Bookings are only confirmed by submitting the following:
- By simply purchasing ticket from our website.
Hike UK expeditions:
Course fees are paid by either Direct Debit or Standing Order over the term you have chosen.
If you want the maximum amount of discount then you pay the full year in advance.
Pay as you Go expeditions
- If you need to cancel then you will be offered a place on another expedition in the future, at no extra cost.
- Deposits will be refunded less a 25% booking charge if the booking is cancelled more than six weeks (35 working days) before the start of the course.
- In event of later cancellation up to four weeks (20 working days) before commencement we will refund 50% of the total fee; thereafter no refunds can be made. Cancellation insurance cover is recommended to all clients.
- At least two bookings are required for any advertised course to go ahead. Clients will be informed at least two weeks (10 days) before expedition commencement if any course is likely to be cancelled due to lack of bookings. Agreed 1:1 private guiding is the exception to this statement.
- If we are forced to cancel or curtail a course or expedition due to strike, riots, acts of war or terrorism, natural disaster or disease epidemic we will endeavour to provide an alternative, but accept no liability for return of fees paid prior to cancellation or curtailment.
- Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that courses/activities actually run, the company will notify the customer of cancellation as soon as practicable where it believes on reasonable grounds that cancellation is necessary due to dangerous and/or unsuitable conditions for the course/activity.
- In the event of cancellation by the Company in event of (5) customers will be offered the choice of the following options:
- Full refund of the fee paid; or
- Another booking on a different date.
5 New Augustus Street
England, BD 1 5LL
Company number: 10476181